Privacy and Data Policy
- matchcape.com makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- When you sign up to matchcape.com, matchcape.com may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to matchcape.com (for example your name, mobile telephone number, postal address, email address and other contact details). matchcape.com may also record which services you are interested in as well as user traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used to:
- process your Communications and to enable your use of matchcape.com and the services;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
- help fraud prevention;
- open and run your account;
- administer prize draws;
- generally run the matchcape.com website;
- tailor and personalise the content of your use of the matchcape.com site and communications sent to you by matchcape.com in a way that is designed to be relevant to you;
- moderate the Forum and in this respect all of your information reasonably necessary for this purpose including your IP address may be transferred to a reputable third party for this purpose; or
- permanently bar a user from using the matchcape.com website at matchcape.com’s sole discretion where that user has breached these Terms.
- we will only sell, rent or transfer your Personal Data to any third party if you have consented to this;
- we may use your Personal Data, or permit selected third parties to use your Personal Data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with such information;
- where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- we may use the data we collect about you in order to request third party ads which may be of interest to you. No personally identifiable information will be passed to any third party in order to perform this.
- By submitting your data you agree to this use.
- If you no longer wish for us to use your Personal Data in the way identified, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, we will be happy to cancel your membership of the site. To cancel your membership, please click here.
- Please note that if through activities on our site you have separately registered Personal Data with any third party, or have consented to our transferring your information to a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly in relation to its use of your Personal Data.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data protection and privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- matchcape.com will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. However you understand and accept that collection of some sensitive information may be required for the effective and most beneficial use of matchcape.com.
- If you have used the matchcape.com web site before it is possible that matchcape.com have this information already and it is being used to contact you about offers, events, items or related activities that you may find useful. If you are an existing user matchcape.com will continue to keep you informed unless you tell us not to.
- If you are a new user matchcape.com will give you the choice (for example once you have signed up) whether or not you want us or other reputable companies to contact you about future offers, events and new services or related activities that you may find useful. matchcape.com will not bombard you with emails, but matchcape.com would like to keep you informed of the developments on matchcape.com, indeed such emails may be necessary to assist your ongoing use of the matchcape.com website.
- matchcape.com will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
- Where requested please therefore check the relevant box marked:
- “I would like to receive information from matchcape.com in future” if you wish to receive future information from matchcape.com;
- “I would like to receive information from interesting third parties” if you want us to pass the information on to third parties;
- “I would like my profile to be displayed on other similar dating websites owned and operated by matchcape.com” if you would like to take the opportunity for your profile to reach more people without having to spend time signing up again.
- In order to improve the service and matchcape.com, matchcape.com may use a device known as a ‘cookie’. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited matchcape.com before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve matchcape.com and the services and services available to you.
- matchcape.com is registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- matchcape.com provides and maintains matchcape.com for personal entertainment, on an “as is” basis.
- matchcape.com shall be liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care and gives no other warranty in connection with matchcape.com.
- Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, matchcape.com excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to matchcape.com and matchcape.com shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on matchcape.com and all interruptions to or delays in updating the service;
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of matchcape.com;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading matchcape.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from matchcape.com or its licensees
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties (“External Sites”) to which matchcape.com link and web site located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to ‘cookies’, personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- the access, use and/or disclosure of your personal information and/or data and/or Communications or any material or information you submit to matchcape.com by unauthorised third parties;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
- matchcape.com does not warrant that the operation of the matchcape.com will be uninterrupted or error free.
- These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit matchcape.com’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
- matchcape.com shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of matchcape.com upon your breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever or immediately by either party at its sole discretion.
- Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of either party.
- matchcape.com will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond the reasonable control of such party including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
- Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law (but subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights).
- All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- matchcape.com acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
- If matchcape.com does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right.
- In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such part will at matchcape.com’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and matchcape.com and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract which you may purport to propose.
- Use of matchcape.com and these terms are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- It is hereby asserted that matchcape.com is intended for and directed at the UK and no representation or warranty is made as to whether matchcape.com complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries.